APPLICATION TIME FRAME AND PROCEDURE
The application process will take about 3 to 6 months from submission of the application to the approval and issuance of the passport, assuming that there are no areas of concern with the application.
The timeframe may vary depending upon the project. Therefore, it is important to select a real estate project that is able to provide the necessary paperwork required from the developer for the citizenship application.
- Execute Reservation Agreement
- Deposit 10% of property price
- Sign Property Agreement of Purchase and Sale (APS)
- Complete and submit Government Forms and Citizenship Application
- Pay Government Due Diligence fees
- Pay 10% Deposit of Government Application Fees
- CIU Approval-in-principle received. Within 3 months of the submission of an application to the CIU, the CIU shall notify in writing that the application has been approved, denied or delayed.
- Within 30 days of notification of approval, applicant will:
1. Pay balance of Property Purchase Price
2. Pay balance of Government Application Fees
3. Property purchase closes
4. Send Property Certificate of Title to CIU
5. Submit Passport Application
- Citizenship Certificate is issued
- Passport is issued
- Certificate of Title is issued