BENEFITS OF INVESTING
Nevis is a leading international Caribbean Offshore Financial Centre with a good reputation and excellent standards. Factors enhancing and contributing to the status of this jurisdiction include:
- Nevis does not levy VAT or other indirect taxes. There is no income tax, capital gains tax, wealth tax, death duty or inheritance tax.
- Legislative and fiscal independence mean that the island responds quickly to the needs of business.
- New legislation is being regularly introduced to offer a number of services. These include LLCs (Limited Liability Corporations), Registered Trusts, Multiform Foundations, Insurance Companies and Mutual Funds.
- The island is independent and offers a stable political and economic environment.
- Nevis is a former British colony and applies a common law legal system (similar to the English legal system).
- Nevis is a well regulated jurisdiction and is recognised as such by FATF (Financial Action Task Force) and OECD (Organisation for Co-operation and Development).